iPhone is one of the most popular mobile phone brands which provides the best services to customers. iPhone has many features for users. iPhone users can hide the apps from the screen. If you want to use any application on your phone but don’t want to show the apps to the people around you.
Apple has made it easier to hide those apps which you didn’t use for a long time. If you have any hidden apps in your phone then you can not delete the hidden apps in normal way. So you have to follow some steps if you want to delete hidden apps on your iPhone.
How to Delete Hidden Apps On iPhone & iPad
Before you know how to delete hidden apps on iPhone you should know how apps will be hidden on iPhone. Here is the process how apps will be hidden on your iPhone-
- If you have downloaded any apps and also disabled “Add to home screen” then the apps will be hidden from the home screen of your phone.
- If you go the apps setting and click on “Remove the apps from home screen” option then the apps will be hidden from the screen.
If there is any hidden apps on your iPhone then you can’t see those apps on your phone screen. But if you don’t need that app then you can delete the app from your phone. All you have to do is follow the process of deleting hidden apps. Apple has already released iOS 14 for better services. If you use iOS 14 then it is easy for you to handle the hidden apps on your phone. To delete the hidden apps on iPhone you have to follow the steps below.
Steps to delete hidden apps on iPhone
Here are the steps that you should follow to get rid of hidden apps on iPhone. If any user needs to delete the hidden apps from his iPhone then he may follow this.
- To delete the hidden apps at first you have to go to the settings of your iPhone. Because you can manage the settings of your phone from there. All the control of the iPhone is in the settings.
- After clicking on “settings” you will find “General” option. You have to click on the general from the options.
- If you choose “General” then you will find “iPhone storage” in the next page and you have to click on that option.
- After clicking on “iPhone storage” you will find all the apps of your iPhone. You have to choose the hidden apps from there. You can identify the hidden apps easily cause those apps won’t be in the home screen.
- Then your work is to click on that apps and you will find the “Delete” option. Now click on the delete option and wait for a moment. Then the hidden apps and all the data of that apps will be deleted from the phone.
How to delete apps in iOS 14 and later
- 1. Find the app you want to delete, then press and hold your finger down on its icon.
- 2. In the pop-up menu, select Remove App.
- 3. Then select Delete App in the next pop-up.
- 4. Tap Delete on the next pop-up.
How to delete apps in iOS 13
- 1. On your Home Screen, find the app you want to delete, then press and hold your finger down on its icon.
- 2. In the menu that appears, tap Rearrange Apps.
- 3. All your apps will start jiggling, and small X icons will appear at the top of all the apps that you can delete.
- 4. Tap the X on any app you want to delete.
- 5. A menu will open, asking you to confirm that you want to delete it. Tap Delete to delete the app.
How to delete apps in iOS 12 and earlier
- 1. On your Home Screen, press and firmly hold the icon of the app you want to delete. It may take one or two seconds, but wait for all the icons on your screen to begin jiggling and little X marks to appear at the top of each one.
- 2. Tap the X that appears at the top-left corner of the app you want to delete.
- 3. In the pop-up, tap “Delete.” Otherwise, click “Cancel” and repeat the process with the correct app.
How to hide apps on your iPhone without deleting them
The option to hide apps from your Home Screen and keep them in your App Library is only available on iOS 14 and later.
- 1. Find the app you want to delete, then press and hold your finger down on its icon..
- 2. In the pop-up, select Remove App.
- 3. Then select Remove from Home Screen. The app will now be hidden from your Home Screen and moved to your App Library.
- 4. To access your App Library, swipe to the right-most page of your Home Screen. You can use the search bar at the top to find the app, or scroll through the categories.
How to offload an app on your iPhone
Instead of fully deleting an app and all the data it carries, you can offload using the Settings app. Offloading removes the app from your iPhone but archives its data, allowing you to pick up where you left off when you reinstall the app.
- 1. Open the Settings app.
- 2. Tap the General tab.
- 3. Tap iPhone Storage.
- 4. Scroll down to find a list of apps and tap the one in question.
- 5. Tap Offload App to begin the app offloading process.
- 6. On the pop-up that shows, confirm your action by hitting Offload App. This will delete the app but keep its documents and data.
- 7. On the iPhone Storage page, you can also choose to let your iPhone automatically offload unused apps when it’s low on storage. Tap Enable beside Offload Unused Apps.
How Can You Hide Apps from Your Purchased Apps List?
You should open the App Store app and tap on your profile picture. From there, you should tap on “Purchased.” Once you find the app in question, tap on “Hide” and then “Done.” This should effectively hide the app from your Purchased Apps list.
Delete an App from the App Library (iOS 14 or later)
- From your Home Screen, swipe left until you see the App Library.
- Tap the search field to open the list.
- Touch and hold the app icon, then tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete again to confirm.
Delete Apps Missing From iPhone with iTunes (iTunes12.6.2 and Before):
- Open iTunes on your PC/Mac and connect your device with it.
- Click the iPhone/iPad icon from the upper menu bar and choose Apps under the Settings section on the left side.
- Sort apps by name, kind, and category to locate it. Next to the app icon is the Remove button.
- Hit it to delete apps from iPhone in iTunes.
This is the way to delete unusual hidden apps on iPhone. Sometimes users hide some necessary apps by mistakes. If you sure that you want to delete the apps which is hidden on your iPhone then follow the process cause if you delete the hidden apps once then the apps will be deleted permanently.
But if you want to install that again then you have to download that application again from the apple store. User should know one thing that the hidden app will take the proper space of their phone even the user does not use the apps. If you want to keep that space of your phone free then follow the steps above to delete the hidden apps on iPhone.