Google has officially released the Android 14 update. Android 14 is the latest update to the Android operating system, and it brings with it a lot of new features and improvements. However, some users have reported that their phones are freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14.
This can be frustrating, especially if you rely on your phone for work or personal use. In this article, we will discuss the common causes of phones freezing or hanging after the Android 14 update and how to fix them.
How to fix Phone Freezing or Hanging:
The Android 14 update was released in October 2021, and it promises to bring a lot of new features and improvements to Android users. However, some users have reported issues with their phones freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14.
This can be frustrating and can lead to a loss of productivity or even data loss. In this article, we will explore the reasons why this might happen and provide some solutions to fix the problem.
How to Fix Phone Freezing or Hanging After Android 14 Update
Now that we’ve discussed the common causes of the phone freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14, let’s take a look at how to fix the problem. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Force Reboot your Phone
If in case, your device is frozen while the screen is on or not responding properly, then make sure to press and hold the Power button for around 30 seconds to force restart your smartphone. Sometimes a force reboot to the device may avoid system glitches or screen freezing issues.
2. Check for Software Updates
- Open your phone’s Settings app > Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap on System > Go to Advanced.
- Tap on System update > You’ll see your update status.
- Just follow the on-screen steps to install the update and reboot the device to apply changes.
3. Clear Storage Space
- Open your phone’s Settings app > Tap on Storage.
- Make sure to check how much storage space you have available.
- If the storage is less than 10% free then you should delete unnecessary or duplicate files from your device storage manually.
4. Check for App Updates:
If your apps are outdated, they may not be compatible with Android 14. To fix this issue, update your apps to the latest version. You can do this by going to the Google Play Store and selecting “My apps & games.”
- Open the Google Play Store app on the device.
- At the top right corner of the screen, tap on the profile icon.
- Tap on Manage apps & devices.
- Then under ‘Updates available’, choose to ‘Update all’ apps or a specific app individually.
5. Close Apps you’re not using:
The first thing you should do if your phone is freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14 is to free up storage space. You can do this by deleting old files, uninstalling unused apps, or moving files to an external storage device.
- Open your phone’s Settings app on the device.
- Tap on Apps & notifications > Tap on the particular app. [Tap on See all apps or App info]
- Tap on Force stop and then OK to apply changes.
6. Clear System Cache
To clear the system cache on your phone, follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume up button at the same time until the phone vibrates.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Recovery mode” and press the power button to select it.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Wipe cache partition” and press the power button to select it.
- Wait for the process to complete and then select “Reboot system now.”
Scan for Malware or Viruses
If you suspect that your phone is infected with malware or a virus, you should scan it using an antivirus app. There are many free antivirus apps available on the Google Play Store that you can use to scan your phone for malware or viruses.
Reset Your Phone
If none of the above solutions work, you may need to reset your phone. This will erase all data on your phone, so make sure you back up any important files before resetting.
To reset your phone, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “System” and then “Reset options.”
- Select “Erase all data (factory reset)” and then “Reset phone.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
Contact Customer Support
If you have tried all of the above solutions and your phone is still freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14, you may need to contact customer support. Your phone manufacturer or service provider may be able to help you resolve the issue.
Updating to Android 14 can bring many new features and improvements to your phone, but it can also cause issues like freezing or hanging. In this article, we discussed the common causes of phone freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14 and provided some solutions to fix the problem.
Remember to free up storage space, update your apps, clear system cache, scan for malware or viruses, and reset your phone if necessary. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to contact customer support for further assistance.
- What should I do if my phone freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14?
Ans: First, try freeing up storage space and updating your apps. If that doesn’t work, clear system cache, scan for malware or viruses, and reset your phone if necessary. Contact customer support if all else fails.
- Can a virus cause my phone freezing or hanging after updating to Android 14?
Ans: Yes, malware or viruses can cause issues with your phone’s performance, including phone freezing or hanging.
- Will resetting my phone erase all of my data?
Ans: Yes, resetting your phone will erase all data on your phone, so make sure to back up any important files before resetting.
- How do I update my apps?
Ans: You can update your apps by going to the Google Play Store and selecting “My apps & games.”
- What should I do if my phone is still freezing or hanging after trying all of the above solutions?
Ans: Contact customer support for further assistance.